4-Day Hands On/Classroom Training & Certification Program
You will receive 4 days, approximately (26 hours) of hands on intensive training comprised of both classroom and field training so you have a good balance of the entire commercial kitchen exhaust hood cleaning operation.
At the end of the training the students are required to take our Certification Test. And upon scoring a grade of 70 or above, the students will be given their certification.
4-Day Training Curriculum
01. What is the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
02. NFPA Code 96, chapter 11.6 and table 11.4
03. Components of air movement in a restaurant
04. Various types of cooking fuels
05. Problematic types of Greece
06. The three elements of a fire triangle
07. Negative side effects when cleaning an exhaust system
08. Waiting time after spraying chemical prior to pressure washing
09. Four key components that make up an exhaust hood system
10. Description of hood components
11. Type I and type II exhaust hood systems
12. Three types of exhaust hood designs
13. Where does the removal of grease begin?
14. Two types of exhaust filters used in commercial kitchen hoods
15. The problem with mesh filters
16. Spark arresters used over solid cooking fuel operations
17. Should exhaust ducts be liquid tight?
18. What are access panels?
19. What is an up blast fan?
20. How hinge kits are used to hold up fans?
21. Fusible links and how not to trigger the fire suppression system
22. Grease containment systems for roofs
23. Where to place a certificate of performance or exhaust hood sticker
24. Chemical sprayers with air release valves
25. What do you do if cleaning chemical goes on your skin or eyes?
26. Winterizing your pressure washer
27. How many cups of MFS degreaser are required to clean exhaust hood system?
28. Properly disposing of your wastewater after cleaning
29. Should the fan be left on after a cleaning?
30. What is funneling and when is it required?
31. When is pre-scraping required?
32. Using your spin jet to clean duct work
33. The difference between OSHA and EPA
34. The importance of the material safety data sheets (MSDS)
35. When are safety glasses required?
36. What is a baffle filter?
37. Can a pressure washer cut your skin?
38. Dangers of using a pressure washer indoors
39. Dangers of working in a permit required confined space
40. The importance of fan balancing clips
41. Maintaining an exhaust fan
42. Caustic eats aluminum
43. Requirements for finalizing a job in cleaning up
44. Alcohol usage on the jobsite
45. Excessive amounts of grease on the roof
46. Solutions if you pressure washer breaks down on the job
47. Proper place to clean filters at a restaurant
48. Inspection of grease buildup
49. Code 188.8.131.52 - Exhaust systems that are contaminated with grease laden vapors
50. NFPA code 96.1 1.6.2 - the removal grease from the exhaust system
51. NFPA code 184.108.40.206 - locking out electrical switches during cleaning
52. NFPA code 220.127.116.11 - components of a fire suppression system
53. NFPA code 18.104.22.168 - handling fire extinguishing systems during a cleaning
54. NFPA code 22.214.171.124 - flammable solvents used during a cleaning
55. NFPA code 126.96.36.199 - applying chemicals to fusible links
56. NFPA code 188.8.131.52 - after an exhaust system is cleaned
57. NFPA code 184.108.40.206 - access panels
58. NFPA code 220.127.116.11 - inserting inspection stickers on removed access panels
59. NFPA code 18.104.22.168 - dampers and diffusers
60. NFPA code 22.214.171.124 - electrical switches back to operational position
61. NFPA code 126.96.36.199 - providing a certificate of inspection
62. NFPA code 188.8.131.52 - providing job service report after cleaning
63. NFPA code 184.108.40.206 - submitting a cleaning report to the authority having jurisdiction
64. LESSON ON ESTIMATING - Estimate bids for various restaurants
1. Warehouse - Hands on training in understanding your tools and equipment.
2. Warehouse - Hands on training of safety procedures and mixing cleaning chemical.
Lesson on funneling and draping an exhaust hood system
3. Warehouse - Hands on training on cleaning an exhaust hood system.
Lesson on opening and closing access panels
Lesson on installing fan hinge kits
1. On The Field/ Real Commercial Kitchen Cleaning - All day hands on training on cleaning a real catering hall commercial kitchen exhaust hood system. Opening access panels, going on the roof and cleaning the exhaust fan, make up air filters, changing grease pads, lubing the fan and more.
1. Classroom - Learn how to estimate and market your services. Learn how to become a bonded contractor and bid on public entity & government jobs for school hood cleaning and pressure cleanings jobs. Learn the art of public entity bidding, filling out a hood cleaning school bid and a mock up bid opening in class.
2. Test - Take your test, it will be graded and you will receive your Certificate.
* All our trainers and assistant trainers have over 1,000 hours of commercial kitchen exhaust hood cleaning experience. You will receive your NFPA Code 96 book at the training. Our training facility is professional, clean and completely stocked with all the tools and equipment you will need to learn and perform commercial kitchen exhaust hood cleaning.
4 DAY HANDS ON + CLASSROOM TRAINING + CERTIFICATION
1st Person : $2,800
Additional Persons : $2,400/person
: Effective 15-Dec-2019, we are increasing the fee for '4-Day Hands On' program. The new fee will be $3,500 for the 1st Person & $3,000 for each additional person. If anybody wants to take benefit of the existing fee, then please register before 15-Dec-2019.
Our 4 day hands on training and certification is located at 2547 Old Lake Mary Road, Sanford, Florida. The 4 day training comes with one year phone support & includes oil filtration training as well.
The fees above includes certification and training for all 3 services; Exhaust Hood Cleaning, Cooking Oil Filtration and Waste Oil Collection. However the above fees do not include food or lodging for your 4 day training. We have negotiated a price however with 'Hampton Inn' in Debary that is 10 minutes away for $85/night, which includes breakfast, when you mention that you are our student. It's a great upscale Hilton sister hotel...it books fast so don't wait for last minute to make your reservations. There are a gazillion things to do in the evening...bring the whole family while you train in the day and spend time with them at night! Oh, did we mention the weather... It's a perfect 85 degrees most of the time!
November 18-21, 2019, Orlando, Florida (Filling Fast)
December 16-19, 2019, Orlando, Florida
January 14-17, 2020, Orlando, Florida
February 10-13, 2020, Orlando, Florida
March 16-19, 2020, Orlando, Florida
April 21-24, 2020, Orlando, Florida
May 11-14, 2020, Orlando, Florida
June 15-18, 2020, Orlando, Florida
July 13-16, 2020, Orlando, Florida
August 17-20, 2020, Orlando, Florida
September 14-17, 2020, Orlando, Florida
October 12-15, 2020, Orlando, Florida
November 16-19, 2020, Orlando, Florida
December 14-17, 2020, Orlando, Florida
NOTE: Training dates above are subject to change unless registered & paid for that class. Classes are held in English unless prepaid interpreter is requested, or bring your own interpreter.
SELF-STUDY ONLINE CERTIFICATION [More Info]
Per Person : $1,995
3 or more (Paid at the same time) : $1,700/person (Discounted Price)
: Effective 01-Jan-2020, we are increasing the fee for 'Self-Study' program. The new fee will be $2,500/person, or $2,200/person when you register for 3 or more. If anybody wants to take benefit of the existing fee, then please register before 01-Jan-2020.
RE-CERTIFICATION [More Info]
$200/person + Proctor Fee($25)
* KINDLY NOTE: If you register but cannot attend for medical emergency, flight or weather reasons, you will have the option to apply your purchase to any of the 2018 & 2019 trainings or take the online course at any time. Your purchase can also be sold or transferred to anyone you choose. You agree and understand that there are no refunds permitted once you have purchased any of our products or registered for a course.
You will never find a more complete and comprehensive Exhaust Hood Cleaning & Certification program anywhere in the country.
* CALL US TODAY (+1 844 537-5685) OR EMAIL US AT Certification@ExhaustHoodCleaningSchool.com